ROSS & SNOW, LLC
Last Revised: December 1, 2017
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
• Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you register for an account, access certain features or content, or place an order;
• Social networks through which you may access the Services or otherwise interact with us; or
• Other affiliated entities, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
The personal information we may collect about you may include, without limitation:
• Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number;
• Demographic information, such as age, date of birth, gender, job information, shopping preferences, and postal code;
• Login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers; and
• Payment and financial details, such as payment card or bank account number, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address.
We may also collect and store personal information that you provide to us about other people. If you use our Services to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a gift card, a product as a gift, information that may interest them or messages (such as invitations) through our system, we may store your personal information and the personal information of each such recipient.
In addition, if you access and use the Services on a mobile device and your mobile device’s settings allow it, we may collect information about your real-time location. Please see the “Your Choices” section below for information regarding how to limit the location information that we may collect when you access and use the Services on a mobile device. We may enable you to log into the Services using a social media account, and if you do so you may be asked to grant us access to certain information from your social media profile, such as your friends or contacts lists and updates. Social media networks operate independently from Ross & Snow, and we are not responsible for social media networks’ interfaces or privacy or security practices. Please refer to the privacy settings of the applicable social media platform or application to determine how you may manage the interactivity between Ross & Snow and your social media account.
When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as:
• Cookies - A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser;
• Web Beacons - A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is used to transmit information about actions of the user opening the page or email containing the beacon back to a web server;
• Locally Stored Objects. Certain features of the Services may use local shared objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and how you interact with the Services; and
• Third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic.
The information we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
• Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
• Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor); and
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT We may use information we obtain about you to:
• Process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Services, and provide you with products and services you request;
• Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions using the Services;
• Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
• Send you information or materials you request;
• Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
• Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions and third party products and services that may be of interest to you;
• Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies, including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read;
• Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services;
• Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
• Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards. We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
4. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION We may disclose aggregated information about our users (information that does not identify any individual user) without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are obligated to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ross & Snow, users of the Services, or others; • To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures;
• With your consent;
5. DATA SECURITY We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. Any payment transactions, and other transactions requiring such protection, will be encrypted using SSL technology and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
6. YOUR CHOICES We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you: Cookies Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not remove Flash cookies. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.ht ml. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services. Promotional Communications If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email. If you have received materials via the postal service from us and you send us an email to opt out of future mailings, please be sure to include in the email your name and mailing address exactly as they appear on such mailing. We will remove your name from our mailing list as soon as possible. Analytics You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Google Analytics by visiting Google’s Ads Settings. Facebook pixel. Location Information If you access our Services using a mobile device, you may adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or prevent the sharing of location information. For example, you can disable “Location” (or “Location Services” on iOS-based devices) on your mobile device to prevent sharing your location information with us. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust your mobile device settings. Please note that if you disable the sharing of location information, you may be unable to access some features of our Services that are designed for mobile devices. Disclosure of Personal Information for Third-Party Advertising If you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties for their own promotional purposes, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your personal information or by logging into your account and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile. Third-Party Tracking Although we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
7. ACCESSING AND CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
9. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13 The Services are not directed to, and Ross & Snow does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. DATA TRANSFERS Ross & Snow is based in the State of Nevada in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.